Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Greatness in a Twitter World?

In New York for a season with leaders to debrief their Myers Briggs assessments. But having to lead early I didn't get a chance to blog. Then I remembered this new app on my phone. Of course the blog will be shorter because I'm just using thumbs.

Yet it made me reflect on our society. Can we achieve greatness when we demand everything quickly? Can we learn with condensed news, shortened sessions, and no face-to-face dialogue? Can we write the great works on twitter?

We need time. Time to think, reflect, create, explore and just daydream. Yes trying to be brief forces us to get to the point but will anyone remember the point and change behavior? I don't think so. Our best work takes thought and time. Twitter is for quick communication not greatness.

No comments: